WordPress is one of the top-rated CMSs and over 30% of the websites are powered by the CMS all across the world. It is both flexible and simple to use. This becomes more beneficial when you even choose Hosting services for your WordPress website. But a number of times situation arises when a website would prefer to return to the basic HTML version. There can be several reasons behind switching to the static HTML version including slower website loading speed, or security issues. Converting WordPress site to HTML is a hassle but no task is impossible. All it needs is consultation from a reputed WordPress Website Development Company to carry it out. In this post, we’ll discuss how to convert WordPress site to HTML without data loss in simple steps.
Reasons to Convert WordPress Website to HTML
One of the major reasons to convert WordPress to a HTML site is the page load speed. With WordPress, the pages are dynamic and every time a user loads the website, pages are dynamically generated. But with a static website, this problem is removed because there is no dynamic content. This optimizes the website’s speed and stability.
Another parameter is the security. With no dynamic data available, there is nothing available forthe intruder to exploit and hack into. Also, a static website removes the usage of a database to store its content and can be loaded at a faster rate.
Tools to Convert WordPress to HTML
One of the common questions experienced, how to convert WordPress websites to HTML. For many people it seems to be a tricky business. Nevertheless, tools make the work easier.
Simply Static is developed by Code of Conduct LLC and is an open-source software. The main purpose of this tool is to build a static website from your WordPress code. The basic functionality of this tool is to generate HTML copies of the WordPress website pages, hence your WordPress installation remains completely different entity from the static website.
- Includes images, CSS, JS and other files of which links are present.
- Changes URLs for WordPress installation with absolute URLs, relative URLs or URLs designed for offline use.
WP Static HTML Output
WP Static HTML Output is a simple and robust tool to converta WordPress site into HTML. It is an open source software generating HTML copy of your complete website. It allows unlimited export targets for a single website.
- Deploys the static website to a local folder, Amazon S3, FTP, Dropbox and Github automatically.
- It offers bilingual support.
Jekyll is a simple, blog-aware and renowned static website generator supported by GitHub. Usually Jekyll is used to convert blogs and simple projects. It works with a template directory having text files in any format, follows steps including converting & rendering, and creates static HTML websites.
- A Jekyll website is a collection of files in the directory form. Also, the Github pages are integrated with Jekyll, the whole website can be stored in a Git repository.
- Since Jekyll is a large community, numerous documentation and installation guides are available. This makes it simple to import content from WordPress and convert to HTML.
GetSiteControl is a popular tool used to put together seven collaborative features, allowing email subscribers to be created, surveys to be carried out, a contact form or Live Chat to be integrated to a web page account, news bars or popup to advertise promotional deals.
But the best thing about GetSiteControl is its ability to gather emails in three forms: email opt-in, survey and touch. You may benefit from latest activity by offering a reasonable amount of traffic on the website.
- The email account, contact form and survey form for lead generation.
- Different resources in one plugin including email opt-in, polls, ways of touch, live chat, alerts and pop-ups.
- Integration of Slack, Google Analytics, and email marketing software.
Pelican is another popular tool for the conversion allowing users to write content in Markdown, reStructuredText or AsciiDoc format and import from WordPress, Dotclear or RSS feeds. In addition, a number of tools are available helping with the generation of sitemap files.
- Supports features including Atom and RSS feed, social media integration, commenting tools including Disqus, Google Analytics and code syntax highlighting
- Helps with theme customization using Jinja templates and publishing the content in multiple languages.
Selecting a tool for WordPress to HTML website conversion is purely based on the tool that you find simple and easy to work with. Hopefully this blog post helped you understand how to convert WordPress site to HTML. At the end, the main objective of converting WP to HTML is to secure it from possible hackers and improve the speed and website performance. Hire WordPress Developer in case if you face any issues while performing the task.